The perfect salad for winter packed with colours and festive flavours.
If you wanted something a little more substantial it works well with grilled chicken breast too.
Apple works as a great substitute for pomegranate which does taste brilliant but can work out quite expensive.
- half pomegranate (seeds and juice)
- 10 pecans roughly snapped
- 50g stilton or blue cheese of your choice crumbled
- mixed leaves (my favourite at the moment is the bistro bag from Sainsbury’s because of the beetroot which is especially delicious for this)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- grilled chicken breast (optional)
Put leaves in a bowl.
Sprinkle with cheese, pecans and chicken if desired and toss together.
In a separate bowl put vinegar, pomegranate seeds and juice, salt and pepper.
Stir together and drizzle over tossed leaves.