Last week I received a nomination for the Liebster award from Jessica at Le Trouvaille. It was a lovely surprise and I’m thrilled to be involved. The idea is to show some appreciation and love to other bloggers which is a lovely premise, maybe that’s why it’s called Liebster which means sweetheart, kind, dear in German… These are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 300 followers.
- Create 10 questions (or less) for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1) Who/what inspired you to start your blog?
I think the inspiration came from a long-ignored love of writing and the new generation of bloggers who are revolutionising how we talk about food and travel.
2) List three words that describe your blog.
Finding its feet.
3) What was one of the most memorable moments you had while travelling?
I think possibly the most surreal moment was learning to dive on the Perhentian islands and happening upon a dead shark on the reef. We carried it a way so that the team could see what had killed it so I would say that swimming along trailing a shark longer than me in one hand is as memorable as it gets.
4) Favourite season and why?
Picking a favourite is pretty tricky, each can be magical in its own way. I’d say a perfect summer’s day in England is hard to beat but for somewhere like Paris, autumn is beautiful, Winter around the fire with family and spring in Spain… Is that allowed?!
5) Best gift you’ve ever received?
For my 21st birthday my parents both made different presents that documented my life thus far, a epic photo book and a beautiful tapestry. They invested so much time and I was so touched, not to mention how beautiful the presents were, things I will treasure forever.
6) If you could have an exotic pet, what would it be?
I’m a little obsessed with marine life lately. The more things I watch about whales, the more I fall in love with them. I most certainly wouldn’t keep one as a pet, (watch Black Fish and you’ll know why) but I would love to be able to get close to one.
7) What’s your ultimate travel destination?
My ultimate travel destination… Crikey really tough. For the most part the only criteria is somewhere I haven’t been before so that I can explore and anywhere with delicious dishes to try.
8) What’s on your wishlist on the moment?
I don’t have much I want right now, I’m lucky. Instead of a wishlist of things, I have a wishlist of places and food. Top of that at the minute is a trip I’m planning to Sri Lanka but that’s just the beginning.
9) How do you see yourself in 10 years? What are you doing then?
If I could decide I would be happily settled somewhere, in a creative job that kept me thinking and with the means to chase my interests in food and travel, that would be the dream.
10) Any life mottos you live by? Pithy life mottos aren’t really my forte but I do really love the idea of the motto, ‘think big thoughts but relish small pleasures’. I certainly aspire to do both.
Thank you to Jessica for the nomination, it makes for excellent motivation to keep writing! I would like to nominate the following blogs:
- Starter or dessert?
- Favourite story as a child
- Three things that make you smile.
- What are you proudest of?
- Any nuggets of wisdom that you value?
- What can’t you travel without?
- Who would you invite to dinner if you could (dead or alive)?
- Books or films?
- Are you happier in the countryside or the city?
- What would you like people to remember about you?